Güzel bir yıl olsun hepimize 🙂
Rosé Regent’s PunchServes 15-20
- 2 lemons
- 3 oranges
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 cups brewed green tea (two tea bags, steeped for five minutes)
- 8 ounces cognac or brandy
- 2 ounces dark rum (preferrably Jamaican)
- 2 ounces white rum (Rhum Barbancourt or Banks 5 Island)
- 2 ounces maraschino liqueur
- 2 750-ml bottles brut rosé champagne
- cranberries, orange slices, and mint for garnish
1. Peel the lemons and oranges (avoiding the white pith underneath) using a vegetable peeler. Muddle the peels and sugar together, then let sit for at least 30 minutes.
2. Make 2 cups green tea, using two tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes, then strain into the bowl with the citrus and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Juice the lemons and oranges into the mixture, stir well, and strain everything into a punch bowl, pressing the peels and pulp well to extract every drop of essence.
4. Add the cognac, rums, and maraschino to the mixture.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour or two until chilled. To serve, pour into a punch bowl and gently stir in two bottles of brut rosé champagne.
6. Garnish with cranberries, orange slices, and mint.
Adapted from David Wondrich’s Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl